As a parent who is considering Marion Catholic High School for your son or daughter, you are making two very important statements about yourself and your attitudes toward education. First, you are saying that you want a school that will educate the spirit as well as the intellect. Marion Catholic welcomes all students who want an academically challenging education in an environment of values, trust, and loyalty.
Second, you are saying that education is very important to you and your child. In fact, it is so important that you would rather pay for quality than receive less than that for free. At Marion Catholic High School, your child will acquire knowledge and develop the skills necessary for success in higher educational pursuits and a wide range of careers.
As parents, you want the best for your children. It is because you wish them success in all of life’s challenges that Marion Catholic High School is the right choice.
1. The success of Catholic schools is deeply rooted in the practices and tradition of nearly 300 years of Catholic education in the United States. In Marion County, Marion's Catholic Schools have been providing quality education for students in our community for over 130 years.
2. MCHS welcomes students of all faiths and provides a strong spiritual foundation that nurtures community leaders.
3. MCHS is not just for a "select few." Research indicates Catholic schools play a key role in serving disadvantaged youth and are more effective than other schools in educating minority and low-income students.
4. Your parental involvement is encouraged and is a key element to the success of our school and your child.
5. MCHS provides a safe, clean, and nurturing learning environment.
6. Our school uniform policy eliminates the emphasis of ego based on fashion. MCHS students are encouraged to develop their inner strengths and personality.
7. 100% of MCHS students graduate from high school.
8. 100% of MCHS students are accepted to an accredited college or university.
9. 100% of our students perform community service.
10. Traditionally, graduating MCHS students qualify for over $1,500,000 in scholarships and grants, averaging roughly $75,000 per student!
11. With a student/teacher ratio of 10/1, MCHS teachers know their students, their strengths and weaknesses, and their learning styles.
12. MCHS is the only school in the county with its own dog, Jessie.